[Coco] Trying to build new images

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Jan 7 22:35:25 EST 2017

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where I might find the bootlists and
> scripts used to build the drivewire images contained in
> the zip file?  The scripts and bootlists in the image
> don't seem to work and I looked at the source repository
> and it has the same ones.  Surely whoever provided these
> images has working files or is someone hand building all
> these images?
>
> bill

Bill,

Tell us exactly what you mean when you say "the scripts and bootlists in the
image don't seem to work." Exactly, step by step, what did you do and what was
the result?
The scripts and lists look correct to me.

The actual disks and contents are made using the makefiles, rules.mak, and
port.mak files in the NitrOS-9 repository. Lots of use then edit the scripts and
bootlists to custom fit our systems and then use them to create new boot disks.

If you read the script files, you will note the command:
format %1 "NitrOS-9 Level # Boot Disk" r
This is the only place where you might run into problems. The driver descriptor
in your current boot disk for NitrOS-9 must match the script and bootlist you
want to use. The size and number of sides for the disk indicated must match what
you want for a new disk.
A typical example is that /D0 is normally for a two sided floppy which won't
work if you want to create a boot disk for an RGBDOS/HDBDOS .vhd or hard disk.

Robert