[Coco] OS9 Arc

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 19:40:06 EST 2017

William, I'm pretty sure Arc uses the "last modified" date to compare files.
I have used arc since the L1 days. When L2 came out, it really started to shine. There's only very rare ocassions I would even think of using dsave. In fact, I haven't used dsave in so long, I've forgotten the syntax.
I think arc was part of the OS9 User's Group files that got uploaded to Delphi right before L2 was released. I have the C sources in my archives.
You really want to see arc fly?, do a complete vhd to vhd copy in VCC at 89mhz. It's also the quickest "defrag" util around. Just copy your disk to a freshly formated disk and the defrag is done. The only thing arc doesn't do is copy the boottrack, so it only works as a "backup" util on non-system disks/drives. But there is a workaround. Use something like KUtil to copy the boottrack to the new disk, then rename the OS9Boot file on the source disk to AAAOS9Boot, that makes it the first file copied. Once the copy is done, rename it back to OS9Boot.
That's one util I COULD NOT do without :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com