[Coco] OS9 Arc

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:36:41 EST 2017

I am continually amazed at the resiliency and speed of the OS9 Arc
command.  I discovered it was one of the included binaries on Bill's "XRoar
Coco 2b Becker Port Starter Kit".  Now I am flabbergasted that this program
works so well within the memory constraints of the 64k Color Computer.

I have always wondered about the "verify" option in this program.  It does
not appear to be doing a "byte by byte" comparison of the source and
destination files like the cmp command does.  Does this program use some
kind of checksum to determine if the destination file is different from the
source?  Is the source code for this program available somewhere online?  I
checked though my extensive archives of OS9 software and can only find the
binary archive but no source code.

William

CoCo 4 ever