[Coco] First time using miniFlash and Drivewire - some compatibility questions

Paulo Garcia paulo.astuser at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:54:10 EST 2017

Hi

yesterday I finally got my miniFlash with HDB-DOS and a DriveWire cable
from Cloud9Tech and I started playing with my coco3. \o/

First of all, it is a great experience, very easy to get going, as long you
have the right serial->usb adapter configured for your computer, ofc.

I could successfully load a lot of software I was randomly getting from the
Internetz, but I also had a lot of times when the program didn't load at
all, freezing the computer.

So here are my questions:

1> Compatibility

- Does the HDB-DOS residing in the miniFlash cartridge conflict with these
programs?
- Is that possible (I assume it is)?
- How to workaround?

2> Serial

Since DriveWire is connected via Serial, is it possible to do actual serial
coding in the CoCo while DriveWire is still acting like a disk?

Thanks!