[Coco] Dragon64 / NitrOS9 Question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 07:34:37 EST 2017

Thanks Ciaran, that gives me some of what I need. There's drivers in the repo that I have no clue what they are for and this is one of them (sc6551dragon.dr).
I'm just trying to sort out making a proper boot disk for the Dragon. Most of the Dragon drivers in the repo are labeled as such, but I know Tormod was using some of the Coco 2 drivers in his builds for the Dragon disks.

If the Cart port is identical to the Coco, then I would think the HD carts would all work (with proper drivers). My understanding is that the main difference in Dragon disks is the format which would not apply to OS9 disks as they use the standard OS9 format.
I'm just trying to verify all this before writing software that doesn't work for the intended target :-)

There's been a big boom on the Coco Facebook page over the Tano Dragons and quite a few people have bought them, so I want to support both the Dragon64 and Tano Dragon64.
I know the original Dragon64 was PAL and the Tano was NTSC. Both are supported in the NitrOS9 repo, so I should be able to do both.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com