[Coco] Max Video Resolution

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 3 11:57:39 EST 2017

Hi All,

I’m at the point in my Z80 Pac Man translation to 6809 and I am stuck trying to figure out the best way to deal with the rotated screen of the original Pac Man.  What I need is screen resolution that is 320x256.  Over the years has anyone found any hidden graphics modes to give you more rows then the documented 320x225?

If not I’m either going to have to shrink all the character data from 8x8 to 7x7. The other thing I’ve thought of is scrolling the screen vertically, so that if you are in the top half of the screen you will see everything but the 4 character rows at the bottom and vice versa if you are at the bottom of the screen.  This will also mess with any score or level info I might have on the right of the Maze though.  I really need a bigger screen.

Thanks for listening,
Glen