[Coco] Coco Cassette interface help

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Feb 28 14:25:52 EST 2017

On 2/28/2017 1:05 PM, Dave Philipsen wrote:
> All you want to do is amplify the signal that is coming from the CoCo cassette out. Use a capacitor to de-couple it from the comparator circuit. It won't matter if there's DC bias on the output of the op amp because you will effectively remove it with the cap.
True, and I will give it a shot, but I'll continue to search for a way
to make the comparator idea work alone.  Amplifying the source only to
get it "over the bias" of the comparator just seems wrong to me :-)

Still, I already was thinking of your idea, in the context of using an
LM386 to amp the signal brute force to get it to work.  So, I agree it's
a workable solution.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I am also going to see if I can feed some known signals into the
comparator to see if I have messed up the design.

Jim