[Coco] Coco Cassette interface help

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Feb 27 12:19:03 EST 2017

Well, if you want to use a tried & true circuit just do what the CoCo
does for the incoming data from the cassette player.  The schematic is
on page 68 and involves an op amp and a few other components.  Most
circuits for reading data-on-tape that I've worked with have involved an
op amp or two.  The idea is to amplify the signal so much that the data
is effectively changed from a sine to a square.  You can also google
"sine to square wave converter" and find a bunch of stuff.  The thing is
that you want the square wave edge to correspond as exactly as possible
with the zero crossing of the sine wave and that's easy to do with an op
amp.

Dave