[Coco] $4 USB HOST a chip

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Feb 23 15:08:38 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 03:04:56PM +0000, Mark Marlette wrote:
> I will agree with Allen here, in the case of the keyboard.
> All I have to do is change a few modules in the PS/2 interface at Cloud-9 and it will do USB.
> Actually already done it....just never finished it as a product. I have a better idea.....don't ask... :)

As in my reply to Allen -- you are then tying that piece of hardware to
being specifically a keyboard adapter (i.e. not a "USB" adapter). There
is nothing wrong with that, but that less familiar with the details
will be prone to thinking that they can plug a joypad or an SD card
reader into that device and have it work with the CoCo, which they
can't.

John