[Coco] $4 USB HOST a chip

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Feb 23 08:26:42 EST 2017

No drivers needed. A joystick would just plug into a joystick port and appear like a joystick, a keyboard would just plug into the keyboard for your like a keyboard, and other devices could just plug into a serial port.

You would need to write code for dealing with a flash drive and things like that, but just using USB input would be plug and play.

A few years ago, IA bought parts for a prototype that allows using USB input, and parts for one that goes the other direction so a CoCo joystick can hook to a modern computer. This chip cuts the cost by 90%!
--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware

P.S. Since 4/15/2014, I have earned over $2320 in Amazon gift cards! Sign up using my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman (Ask me for the tip/howto doc.)