[Coco] Creating and loading big machine code files into RSDOS

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 14 16:42:34 EST 2017

Wow a lot of great info here guys!

First Robert, thanks for getting back to me, I think William's methods will work for well for me.

Thanks for the ideas Mark and William.  I did see and use some of the info in Williams PDF for loading the sprites and graphic characters for Pac Man already.  I guess I just didn’t look closely enough at Williams CoCo Loaders PDF or maybe it went over my head a few months ago when I first looked at it…. I think using your code for a two stage loader is the way for me to go.

William, thanks for LWTOOLS they are awesome!  I don’t think I would be working on these ports if I have to develop it all on the CoCo it is just too big.   Mind you I did create a basic program on the CoCo to decode the graphic characters and sprites from Pac man and that was fun.  It brought back a lot of old memories...

Mark, I did already have those PDFs and they are a great resources for Pac Man and the CoCo. As for the large amount of space for Pac Man.  I have just completed all the demo/attract screen routines and It's taken most of the lower 32k. I probably have around $1000 bytes free, the sprite routines that I made and the unoptimized code so far is taking a lot of space. I just want to know what my options are before I hit that $8000 byte wall.  You were mentioning  different options for speeding up the graphics code like pre rendered sprites and more which will take even more space…

You guys rock!
Glen