[Coco] BUG with rbsuper and tc3 drivers SOLVED!

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:40:50 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> I don't use the SuperDriver so this comment is based on the email thread and
> http://nitros9.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/SuperDriver, not actual
> experience.
>
> Be careful to distinguish HDB-DOS emulated Basic drives on a hard drive from
> SCSI channels, as they are not equivalent. If the SuperDriver is similar to
> the software that came with Ken-Ton hard drives, the SCSI channel is based
> on the drive number used and automatically calculated by the ROM or OS-9
> software.
> IT.DNS is used by the SuperDriver for several things. One is indicating that
> there are 256 bytes per sector when using emulated Basic drives. IT.STP is
> used to indicate the emulated drive number 0-255.

Yes, if the HDBDOS partition flag (bit 3 in IT.DNS) is set, things are
different than what we have discussed here.

That the SCSI target ID (is that what you mean by SCSI channel, which
technically is something different?) is set by bit 0-2 in IT.DNS and
not by IT.DRV may be something that came in the SuperDriver and was
different in the older direct SCSI drivers.

Tormod