[Coco] KenTon RGB-DOS floppy issue

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Feb 12 17:04:05 EST 2017

Arthur Flexser wrote:
><snip>
> Like I suggested earlier, Alan ought to try POKE&HFF7F,&H23 to see if that
> gives access to the floppy drive.  It is puzzling that his system worked
> before without it, if indeed the RGBDOS code does not set $FF7F for the
> floppy controller slot.  Could there be a configure program that does
> this?  Or possibly a default Basic program that RGBDOS is supposed to run
> when it boots up that sets $FF7F?
>
> Art

Art,

There is nothing in the "manual" for RGBDOS that indicates that you should do that, but it would be
trivial. One of the features of RGBDOS is that if drive 0 contains an AUTOEXEC.BAS program, it will
auto-run when you turn on your system. So Allen could have had AUTOEXEC.BAS on the first Basic
"drive" of his hard drive and that program could easily have included a POKE &HFF7F,&H23 to give him
access to the floppy controller.

Robert