[Coco] rbsuper

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 11:42:16 EST 2017

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> That may bear some additional digging into then, Tormod.
>
> I have not done a fresh pull from the hg repo since March 26 2016.  And

I don't think there have been any code changes to these drivers since.
But there have been whitespace cleaning, so to work on the code it is
important to update the tree.

> that pull gave me no such problems that I am aware of. I don't do
> updates, but rename the old nitros9 with the current date-time, and pull
> fresh, that way I have untouched, working history.

An hg update will give you the exact equivalent of a fresh pull,
unless you changed some code in your tree.

I would recommend keeping a clean tree that you update with hg update
(which is 1000x faster than a fresh pull), and rather make local
copies of this tree for experimenting with code changes.

> However, stirring up things in my ageing wet ram, I now recall that I
> have a script that overwrites the new descriptors I would use with my
> old ones because that preserves my ofs and wpc offsets. It also
> preserves a lot of stuffs the makefile might not be getting right yet.
> So I am not testing the new descriptors, and thats a data point to
> remember.

Yes, that's important especially if you are the only other one with
such SCSI drives. Anyone else the TC3 drivers?

> I'll see about lugging it out to the air hose for a good dusting and
> cleaning in the next day or so. And if those drives will spin up, I had
> to give them a bump push the last time they sat this long.
>
> Tim, just to be sure I'm on the same page, what controller do you have?
> Mine is a tc3. And, what is the io address in the old descriptor vs the
> new ones?  The tc3 has alternate addresses available.
>
> Tim , can we see the dmode -olddesc and dmode -newdesc for
> the "s0_tc3.dd" ?
>
> Tormod, does the hg pull build on a windows machine if he has lwasm and
> the toolshed installed and built? I have little to zero problems

Yes, it will. There are instructions in the wiki for using MingW and
Cygwin. It is probably much faster to run e.g. Linux in a virtual
machine though.

Tormod