[Coco] New Years Resolution:to read all the Rainbow

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Dec 31 23:51:36 EST 2017

On Dec 31, 2017, at 10:25 PM, Michael Brant <brant.michael.l at gmail.com> wrote:

> Allen this has been one of my goals also, Quite a fun thing to look back at
> the old issues from the beginning of Rainbow

it’s stunning how primitive the early code was. They were inputting a Line, then printing it to the printer. Suggesting you manually backspace and add spaces to right justify the lines, manually! Just wild.

In issue 3, there were more reviews of Datasoft items, no games yet, including S.E.C.S. It was some kind of BASIC editor, so even a 4K CoCo could have some kind of edit command. Or on larger memory systems, you could get high res graphics without Extended Color basic.

And, it references a logo done by Steve Bjork. 1981. Looks like there was much more stuff going on before the games.