[Coco] CoCo3 RGB port question...

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 21:42:07 EST 2017

Hmm, according to Henry, who has the service manual, it really is a no connect on the monitor side.
I guess it would explain it not being used if only the CoCo side was actually implemented.

It does seem all the software that wants an RGB monitor asks the user rather than doing an auto-detect.

My guess would be it was intended that the monitor simply pull that pin low to indicate it’s presence (either
connected to ground or a pull down) judging by the pull up and series resistor to the PIA on the CoCo side.

- Ed