[Coco] Graphics on NitrOS9 Level 1 v3.3.0 (CoCo 1)

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 20:03:11 EST 2017

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Bill Pierce wrote:

With Basic09, the common procedure is to merge runb, syscall, inkey, & gfx
> into one file named "runb" (rename the original). Before running Basic09,
> "load runb". This assures all the needed modules are in memory when needed.
> Basic09 in Level 1 is going to be tricky due to memory constraints.

Understood, but the intent of my message has to do only with GFX and
whatever replaced OS9Level1v2's GRFO module.

I don't need INKEY nor SYSCALL in the short circle draw procedure noted. As
you note, memory constraints are very real in the CoCo 1 64k environment,
it's tight as it is in my stock OS9L1v2 system: I can load GRFO and GFX and
use Basic09 with a 3K environment space and still run a decent 256x192
graphics routine... with NitrOS9L1v3.3 that is not happening.

-- RP