[Coco] Proposal Musing: A retro newsletter “experience”...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 28 10:02:10 EST 2017

I recently ran across a CoCo newsletter from 1983, and that me think about how many local newsletters there used to be for the CoCo.

I think back and wish I had been able to subscribe to more of them.

Many are archived and scanned. Many are gone forever.

This makes me wonder if there has ever been a retro subscription service. Imagine if you could pay some fee, and then each month you get a bundle of photocopied newsletters that represent some point in time.

Just for fun... Real, physical copies, just like the old days. When you started, you begin with the earliest month available, and all the available newsletters from that month. Time travel!

There are many obstacles to this. Copyright, of course, and low quality scans. And the labor effort (just organizing everything by month/year would be a good start.) Heck, there’s probably even a way to automate it via a Service that will print and mail stuff ;-)

I wondered if I was the only one that would love to have this.

Thoughts?

		— Allen