[Coco] Replacement for possible bad AT 286 hard drive subsystem

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 21:30:47 EST 2017

Hi all,

Reading Andrew's post on using an old PC with floppies piqued my interest in resurrecting an old 286 PC with 8/16 bit ISA buss that I have which also includes 1 360KB and 1 1.2M floppy drive. I had booted it successfully into MS-DOS; however, the last time I did this I got a hard drive failure. Booted MS-DOS fine using the floppy.

Lack of time, a very heavy PC, and a cold winter have impeded me from doing further tests on it, but if the HD subsystem is bad, what options are availabIe to replace it?

Although somewhat off topic, I posted here because the motivation is CoCo related :-)

Thank you and wishing all a great Christmas and New Year. Salvador