[Coco] DYSAN Digital Diagnostic Disk..........

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Dec 20 12:47:37 EST 2017

On Wednesday 20 December 2017 12:16:37 Arthur Flexser wrote:

> I'd imagine that what is in the archive is the CoCo software that goes
> with the non-copyable Dysan alignment disk.  The program was called
> J&M Memory Minder, from the folks that sold JDOS and J&M controllers.
>
> http://www.vcfed.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-50774.html
>
> Art

I actually have one of those. But it seemed to make more disk errors, so
its stashed away in a cabinet in the basement. Don't recall which
version of jdos but 1.2 sounds familiar. I used it mainly for the
parport, unfortunately the fcc ruined that with their radiated noise
regulations which resulted in most parport printers needing a longer
data transfer cycle than the J&M had since it was a single e-clock in
duration, too fast to get thru the printers input noise filters. An
added timer, rigged to disable the clock for one cycle would have cured
that by freezing the cpu for another microsecond would have been the
ideal fix, but I never found my round tuit.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)