[Coco] Look over my shoulder

Rick Adams rick at rickadams.org
Tue Dec 12 22:01:55 EST 2017

After my last game, Bomb Threat (http://rickadams.org/bombthreat), I'm
just starting work on a new game, for which I haven't decided a name yet.

Because it's something I've always wanted to try, I am experimenting
with putting the beginnings of the coding of the game onto github at
https://github.com/yggdrasilradio/coco3example and letting people look
at it if they want.  Eventually I will draw the curtain closed as the
game gets to a certain point, but for now I don't mind people picking
through my code to help them learn 6809 assembler, or just for
curiosity's sake.

Mind you, it's probably not the BEST code... the last time I wrote 6809
assembler code on a regular basis was mumble mumble years ago, but I get by.

The program currently displays text in multiple windows, in a 5x5 font
that requires a display capable of 80 columns.  This is actually a worry
of mine, in that this might unduly limit the potential audience of the
game; could it be that not many people have that muscular of a system?