[Coco] Got off the fence and ordered a monitor

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Dec 5 07:27:32 EST 2017

Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 17:49:31 +0000 (UTC)
From: Salvador Garcia <salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com>

 That monitor looks very interesting. I have been looking for a composite display, but did not think of looking for an LCD monitor. I'll have to keep an eye out for this model. Hopefully I will be able to find it at an obscenely low price <g>. Salvador

Like this?
Dell 2001FP UltraSharp - Grade C - 20.1" LCD Monitor from PCLiquidations.com

|   $ 34.99   |    |

|   |
Dell 2001FP UltraSharp - Grade C - 20.1" LCD Monitor from PCLiquidatio...
 Refurbished Dell 2001FP UltraSharp - Grade C - 20.1" LCD Monitor. Condition: Grade C. Screen Size: 20"...  |   |

There are also listing on e-bay and Amazon for just under this price. Amazon has $39.99 + $16.49 shipping listed, e-bay $28.95 + $22.95 shipping.  This was a MSRP $749 monitor back in 2005...   Not many high quality LCD monitors have composite and S-video inputs that I know of. And it handles 15Khz RGB!!!240p RGB on Dell 2001FP LCD monitor.

|    |
240p RGB on Dell 2001FP LCD monitor
 This video shows how the Dell 2001FP LCD monitor handles 240p 15 kHz video (Amiga 500, "Lemmings" game...  |   |

Another monitor, the Dell U2410b, is mentioned in the comments as working with Amiga and Commodore 15Khz computers. It is wide screen and has separate composite inputs, only lacks S-video. A bit newer (reviews were 2009) and costs a lot more at just under $200 and up. If you want one monitor for multiple computers and need a wide screen for some it might be the ticket though.

 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548