[Coco] Come On Now - Use A Little Common Sense..........

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 13:16:34 EST 2017

Hi Everyone,
I have a kind of gripe (or pet peeve if you will) I want to share with everyone. Mostly with those people who post links to either other pages (like BLOG SITES and such) OR especially to links to Pictures, Schematics, Drawings, or any kind of image file that is included.
1. IF you're going to use Photos, Schematics, Drawings, OR ANY KIND OF AN IMAGE FILE, make 2 sizes. One SMALL (that can load quickly) and the other LARGE. The small size can be ANY size as long as it is visible to the naked eye, while the LARGER size should fit either the full screen or be as large as possible and can be readable to the naked eye. In other words, you won't need a magnifying glass to read (and/or see) it. Not all of us out here are 20 year old kids with super human X-Ray vision eyesight.
2. IF you're going to include a description of the image file (either below it OR next to it) make sure that the description itself is READABLE and NOT TO CLOSE to the image file itself that it cuts part of the description in half.
3. If you're going to include a description of the item shown MAKE SURE it is clear AND FULL in it's description. I (for one) would rather take a longer time reading a FULL DESCRIPTION than one that just says, "Item 1" or "Figure 1". "Item 1" OR "Figure 1" is alright IF you are describing a Step By Step procedure that includes photos (and/or drawings) of each individual step that a person would follow.

4. Once you're done making your Blog Spot or Web Page (or whatever) take the time to re-read everything then re-read it again... Look for ANY ERRORS! Both in spelling, content AND context, punctuation, and any other errors that might creep into the midnight hours.
5. IF you are from another country, DO NOT be afraid to try and write out your thoughts in the best and easiest possible way. Many times I have read an item (or an article) written by a foreigner who is unfamiliar with the proper English words and/or phrases and is sometimes afraid (or unsure) how to write his thoughts down correctly. If you take your time and try your best at whatever you are trying to say, I am sure that there are those out here who will take their time and try to figure out what it is (exactly) that you are trying to say or ask. If not, many of them will probably drop you an E-Mail for clarification OR to ask further questions. DON'T BE AFRAID!!! We ALL make mistakes, after all, that's why were human...
Well, I'm done with my daily rant. I hope that I haven't offended anyone out here as I did not mean to. That was my last thought of doing. I'm sure that other will have something to say (hopefully good) about this rant. Like I said, this is just my opinion.
Take care everyone...
Joe...