[Coco] Monitor Choice

Leslie Ayling layling at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 2 05:17:57 EST 2017

Hi Steve, at al.

I mainly use a Samsung Syncmaster 710N which will sync down to 15kHz, making it good for my Amigas too.

More recently, I have taken to using an Extron DVS 304 video scaler.
Allows me to connect basically any retro PC to any modern monitor.

Far superior to the cheap upscalers such as the GBS8200 boards.

You can pick them up rather cheaply on Ebay these days, as most users would have upgraded to 4K equipment.
Example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132419438855

Docs here:
https://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=dvs304dvi