[Coco] 3 1/2 drive on coco and drive 0-3 on one ribbon cable

Rietveld Rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:00:48 EDT 2017

Two questions pls:

I replaced my 5 1/4 drive 1 with a 720k 3 1/2.   When I do a DIR 1 it reads the drive, but when I DSKINI 1 it will only format the disk to 158k.   Will DECB format the full 720k?

Question two

I want to hook up this dual drive FD502 inline with another FD502 and dual drive to have three physical 5 1/4 drives and one 3 1/2 drive.

If I replace both ribbon cables with one from cloud nine that has a card conector on one end for the controller and for connectors on the other end for the four physical drives will the one FD502 controller and the coco recognize this setup as drive 0-3

Thanks