[Coco] msg from John Turner this morning

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Aug 26 09:40:26 EDT 2017

Do any of you recall a prolific young coco hardware designer, named John
Turner Jr. or some such from 5 years or so ago?

I got a PM from his dad this  morning, containing links to a lot of young
Johns work that I could pull from 1drv.

"A long time ago (well 5 years-ish) my son left home. He left a bunch of
files with me and I promised to upload them as fully open source
hardware. That was 5 years ago and I'm just getting around to it. There
are thousands of files comprising hundreds of designs. Attached via
OneDrive are the first few that I've gotten together and added an
completely open hardware license to them. Feel free to do whatever you
wish with them. I have uploaded them to maltedmedia and cocoarchive...
anyone can use them, build them, improve them, make and sell them, etc.
They are free to all. If you decide to download them let me know when
you've done so and i'll delete them from onedrive. feel free to host
them on your site or ignore them completely 😊I hope within the next
several months to be able to prepare and share everything he left on
these external drives when he took off with michelle... yeah - he met a
woman and poof he was gone... I honestly don't understand half this
stuff - you were on a list that he wished for me to send the files - it
was a short list - you and maltedmedia - but i found the cocoarchive so
i put them there to. i don't know when i'll get back around to uploading
more or even checking this email again, but i do intend to upload
everyone of the hundreds of designs he left before years end."

So there it is.

So I have done that, made a JohnTurner-1drv-dump directory in the
Genes-os9-stf link on my web page, and moved them all (I hope I got them
all) to there for your downloading pleasure.  They have also been posted
to the cocoarchive, and to maltedmedia. So I am not the single src for
these.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)