[Coco] More CoCoTALK! available!

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 17:41:17 EDT 2017

Two more additions to the audio podcast version of CoCoTALK! are now
available, Episode 11 and an interview with Tim Lindner and demonstration
of the Speech Sound Cartridge being ported to MAME are now available for
your _listening_ pleasure, all 22 episodes are always available for video
replay as well.

Episode 11 was dealing with the hot topics of the SSC emulation being
announced, the debate on whether or not to put a new game on a cartridge,
and, the initial discussion of the difference between Assembly and Machine
Code, just to name a few.

The interview with Tim Lindner is a perfect follow up, where we got to see
and hear for the first time what the Speech and Sound Cartridge sounds like
in MAME/MESS emulation, we got a look at how to set up MAME, even how to
build/compile it, and were shown how to use some of the advanced debugging
capabilities, and even were introduced to the fact that the ability to
emulate John Linville's Game Master Cartridge with sound chip can be
emulated in MAME, so the ability to develop and test cartridge based games
is within the grasp of mere mortals, all using MAME.

I am hoping to have all 22 of the current episodes converted to audio
format in time for episode 23 to air live this Saturday.

For all your CoCoTALK! needs visit http://cocotalk.live

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
Website/Merchandise/CoCo links page:
http://ogsteviestrow.com
Email:  ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Get your "Game Play Goodnes" fix of CoCo and retro videos at:
http://youtube.com/ogsteviestrow
CoCoTALK! the nation's leading live talk show featuring the Tandy Color
Computer
http://cocotalk.live