[Coco] CMOC C-like compiler now supports float under Color Basic

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Aug 18 15:22:24 EDT 2017

On Friday 18 August 2017 11:48:06 Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> As there is no other 40-bit float format that I know of, and as the
> other MBF formats (32 and 64 bits) have probably never been used with
> the CoCo and quite rarely since QuickBasic 4.0, I think it is quite
> safe to just name it float40 and not mbf40.

I may be out on that famous Persimmon branch furiously sawing it off
behind me, but I believe that the trig library for C, published in the
Rainbow, can do 64 bit double floats.  It is I think the C printf
function that falls over someplace around 17 digits of exponent.

Testable (probably) by defining an 8 byte Union with the same address,
and walking thru the Union with printf as the inputs to one of that libs
functions are explored.

But I could be wrong. And interesting experiment to find out.

> | Mathieu BOUCHARD --- tél: 514.623.3801, 514.383.3801 --- Montréal,
> | QC

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)