[Coco] Message Threading

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Wed Aug 9 14:47:32 EDT 2017

It’s true, I’ve seen the issues that both John Linville and Tormod brought up … + I’ve seen people respond to a digest w/o even bothering to change the subject line so you have NO idea what thread that is!!

However, in this discussion, I’ve seen these threads called out

- "Booting OS9 on my CoCo 3"
- "GCC6809 cross compiler, assembler & linker"

as being broken.   I use outlook.live.com which doesn’t do threading at all.  I just read the messages and delete them unless I think I’ll come back and respond.  And then later, I’ll delete those if I don’t.  I am relying on Pipermail archive to keep a historical record of the threads.

http://pairlist5.pair.net/pipermail/coco/

AND I just want to point out that on that site neither of two threads mentioned are broken. If Pipermail can figure out, then email clients should be able to.  Am I missing something?

However, I do notice that "MAME FDC Issue that can cause corruption" is broken once  ...

James