[Coco] Color BASIC program on a cartridge?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Aug 7 10:51:45 EDT 2017

One of the objections some people have had to distributing their
programs in cartridge form has been that their programs were written
in BASIC. With the help of some ancient knowledge from the Internet
(aka an old Geocities page from "PaulD"), some more recent advice
from Robert Gault, and my own experimentation, I have documented on
the Retro Tinker blog a means of loading Color BASIC (and Extended
Color BASIC) programs from a ROM cartridge:

http://retrotinker.blogspot.com/2017/08/color-basic-program-on-cartridge.html

The technique (including the Errata changes described in the comments)
seems to be working for me. Elsewhere Barry Nelson pointed-out that
the technique doesn't work with CoCo3 "Super Extended Color BASIC"
programs. I did a bit more experimentation and I think I have that
working as well -- but that will have to wait for the next blog
post... ;-)

Enjoy!

John