[Coco] CoCo 2 64K upgrade blues

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sun Aug 6 12:08:28 EDT 2017

Like I said, it will probably work just as well either way. But engineers usually use a resistor to tie an input high for multiple reasons. I don't know the internal circuitry of the DRAM chip or what its maximum ratings are but sometimes an over-voltage situation can be a concern. Tying low directly to ground (without a resistor) is in most cases acceptable.

In this case tying the pin to ground is probably not any 'better' than tying it to Vcc but it is preferred.

Dave