[Coco] CoCo 2 64K upgrade blues

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Aug 5 15:14:08 EDT 2017

So now that you have given more specific information about pin 1 it is
easy to see that you should pull/bend pin 1 so that it resides outside
of the socket.  And the best would be to tie pin 1 of each chip to pin
16 (which is ground) of that chip. It would technically be better than
tying all of the pins together and then to ground although that would
probably work too.  The idea of avoiding sporadic reads or writes is a
valid one but still has nothing to do with whether the computer is
'used' or not.  Maybe I am misinterpreting your use of the word 'used'.

Leaving pin 1 in the socket (and therefore tied to Vcc) is probably ok
too but the preferred method is as mentioned above.

Dave