[Coco] GCC6809 cross compiler, assembler & linker

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 03:20:11 EDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Walter Zambotti wrote:
> Ha ha!
>
> It's David Flamand's version that I had trouble making on my Ubuntu 16.04lts system.
>
> David's version has a tool to convert the assembler to OS9 module format.
>
> Does you version also have this or can I use that tool from David's build?

I haven't tried building Position Independent Code with it, which is a
prerequisite for OS9 modules. You should probably stick to David's
version if he already has worked on OS9 support.

> Ok I feel I need to do lot of catching up.  Where do I start.
>
> Is there a Hello world example (OS9) for using these tools?
>
> Is there a list of what has already been ported to OS9 using the gcc6809 tools?

I haven't heard of anyone building OS9 stuff with gcc6809, but it
would be interesting. Please keep us updated.

> I'd like to port some tools like
>
> Dillo (Web browser c/c++)
> FLTK (GUI toolkit)
> FLUID (UID for FLTK)
>
> But I don't want to reinvent the wheel if this has already been done.
>
> Walter

I checked our e-mail exchange again, there was no disk crash
mentioned, but he took his site offline, and hasn't been able to find
the manuals on his backup drives. I am sure somebody, somewhere has
downloaded a full copy of the docs though. Here is a fragment:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/embeddednewbies/iRQ3mHYlslA

Tormod