[Coco] Drive letter issue in paths with toolshed os9 copy command on Windows

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Wed Sep 28 09:37:00 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Guillaume Major
<guillaume.major at gmail.com> wrote:
> Digging in the source code, I found out that when the path contains a colon,
> the disk is identified as a DECB disk without looking at the disk file
> content (step 2a in function _coco_identify_image in libcoco/libcocoopen.c).
> While it works well on Linux, it prevents using drive letters in paths on
> Windows.

Well isn't that a bug-a-boo! It's a shame this has only been discovered now.

Off the top of my head we can:

1. Change the sub-disk delimiter for all platforms.

2. Change the sub-disk delimiter for Windows only. Leave it a colon on *nix.

3. Allow a new character to denote a drive letter.

4. Ignore the colon when there is a colon-backslash two character
sequence. This works because, I think, a number is mandatory after a
sub-disk specification.

I'm leaning toward #4.

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."