[Coco] Bud Pass's "Super Sleuth"

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 18:07:55 EDT 2016

 I finished up what work I was doing in "Super Sleuth" and now have it available in my dropbox.
"Sleuth3" has been updated to the NitrOS9 system calls and defs and creates sources that will assemble with the current version of "asm" and the current os9 defs (os9.d, rbf.d & scf.d).
Included are 2 utilities (and sources) "ChgNam3" & "XRefs3".
ChgNam3 will read from a word comparison list (see docs) and change names in sourcefile to the alternate name in the wordlist and create sourcefile2 with the new names. This actually works on any text file, but especially handy for relabeling your sources after disassembly.
XRefs3 will scan a source file and create a list of all "label" references and a list of each line number that label appears. Great for creating the above needed word list.
Sleuth is one of the most powerful OS9 disassemblers I've used, and I've tried most of them. It's power lies in it's ability to make as many passes through the source as you need to assign all the areas.
I'm not sure, but I don't think this file is included in the stuff Dave has uploaded so far. This runs under NitrOS9 whereas most of the stuff Dave is linking runs under MSDOS.
Included on the disk image is all the sources. There is code started for 6309 diassembly, but was never finished. It would be nice to see this done, but I don't know the 6309 instruction set well enough.
Also included in the zip is a "new" PDF manual. I hand typed the complete RSDOS "Super Sleuth" manual, then changed it to make it OS9 compatible (there was no OS9 version of the manual available).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23059963/Stuff/Super%20Sleuth3.zip

I hope it's useful to someone.
Enjoy :-)

Bill Pierce