[Coco] lwasm-mode: An Emacs major mode for editing 6809 assembler source in lwasm format.

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Sep 20 11:22:51 EDT 2016

While studying HDB-DOS code, I was annoyed by the lack of proper syntactic highlighting of its source code in Emacs. Emacs knows about many common assembler source code formats, but source code intended for lwasm is different enough to completely throw off the syntax highlighting in Emacs. In particular, comments and string operands are quite different in lwasm-formatted source vs. many other assemblers.

So, I wrote an Emacs major mode for 6809 assembler source in lwasm format! It is incomplete and imperfect, but it appears to do the right thing for the HDB-DOS source code.

I don't know how likely it is that anybody other than me would have use for this, but here it is in case I'm not the only user of both Emacs and lwasm:

https://github.com/NF6X/lwasm-mode

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/