[Coco] Glenside IDE + Multi-Pak + HDB-DOS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Sep 13 08:10:54 EDT 2016

Mark J. Blair wrote:

>> On Sep 12, 2016, at 18:09, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
>> Boisy's comment is at the beginning of hdbdos.asm in the Comments section. If the problem is with the HDBDOS code rather than hardware, it ought to be in dwread.asm if Boisy's comment is correct.
>
> I don't understand. dwread.asm just appears to handle DriveWire protocol. I don't think it's involved in reading from IDE hard drives.

Ooops, looks like you are right.
In hdbdos.asm, there is
* SCSI/IDE/DW START HERE

then look for

                IFDEF     IDE
* SETUP - Setup the Command Packet

All the read/write and command setups follow for IDE. If writes work on the
hardware but reads fail, then there ought to be a timing difference or incorrect
command setup in this section.

Robert