[Coco] Glenside IDE + Multi-Pak + HDB-DOS

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Sep 12 16:35:44 EDT 2016

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 13:28 , Richard E. Crislip <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:
>

> Doesn't the Glenside IDE controller have a place to plug in a floppy
> controller? I thought I saw a tricked out card with the connector built
> in.

Yes. The Glenside IDE card has two sites to install an edge connector, making it electrically equivalent to a 3-way "Y" cable.

My new widget won't have such a provision, though, for mechanical reasons. My new widget will be the size of an ordinary Program Pak, with a CF card sticking out the side. It'll also include an EEPROM, making it capable of being a single, plug-and-play cartridge providing a bootable emulated hard drive. The original Glenside IDE doesn't include any sort of ROM, though one can be added via one of the two "Y" cable connector sites.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/