[Coco] Glenside IDE + Multi-Pak + HDB-DOS

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Sep 12 10:37:37 EDT 2016

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 21:58, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
> I think the Glenside IDE (and all the IDEs) need 9 addresses.  0-7 for the regular IDE registers and one more for the top 8 bits of the 16 bit data register.

That is correct. The Glenside IDE uses offsets 0-8. It also responds to offsets 9-F, but not in a useful manner.

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 22:08, Barry Nelson <barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:
>
> I would not clone the existing Glenside device, it can be improved on. First, if you want to allow it to work with a Floppy controller without a MPI, add pass through connector for the floppy to plug into, and have your device disable the SCS line on that connector when any address from FF50-FF7F is accessed.

I'm designing this one to fit in the SuperPak case, so it won't have any pass-through connector for mechanical reasons. I'm not too fond of the Y cable contraption, either, but I may still allow support for those who wish to live on the edge.

Selectively disabling the SCS line is a neat idea, but I don't think it helps in this case because the Glenside IDE needs 9 addresses, not 8.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/