[Coco] Using a CoCo2 keyboard in a CoCo1

Jayeson Lee-Steere cocolistemail at titaniumstudios.com
Sat Sep 10 22:51:33 EDT 2016

A quick update on the reverse keyboard adapter (old keyboard socket strip
to newer Coco flat flex). The 0.8mm board from OSHPark is too thick - does
not work at all. 0.6mm board would go in there, but will definitely stretch
the contacts so it will no longer work well with the original keyboard flat
flex.

If it were possible to get a short length of flat flex ribbon, that could
be made to work. But I can't find anything available in the ancient 2.54mm
pitch. It was a bit of a surprise to even be able to get the connector new.

I would say the best solution to use an old keyboard with a newer Coco is
to remove the flat flex connector from the Coco main board and replace it
with a pin header.

- Jayeson