[Coco] ROM Options for Glenside IDE, and a 3D-Printed Case

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Sep 10 17:04:31 EDT 2016

> On Sep 10, 2016, at 13:42, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Mark, the two things I noticed when I first viewed your design for the Glenside IDE case when you first posted them...
>
> 1. Why such a small opening around the first header? My card came with only one header installed (the first) so with your design, I couldn't use it for my fd-502 controller.

There wasn't room to make a fully surrounded opening for a full-sized cartridge at the first "Y-cable" connector due to interference with the CoCo case. So, I made the first opening just large enough for a naked ROM card, which is how I intended to use it anyway. My Glenside IDE card came with neither of the "Y-cable" sockets installed, so I ordered them from Digi-Key and installed them myself.

> 2. Is there a support underneath for the far end of the cart? With no support, this thing gets heavy and I'm afraid it will crack the board or something (Ed's MPI case has such a support).

No, there is no support underneath the far end. Adding such a support would be a nice idea. I sketched out a support but never made it.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/