[Coco] CoCoFEST Commercials

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Sun Sep 4 12:23:36 EDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 03, 2016 at 11:51:59PM -0500, Melanie and John Mark Mobley wrote:
> There are some wonderful CoCoFEST commercials on the CoCo Crew Podcast
> Episode #15.
>
> CoCo Crew Podcast Links:
> Website: http://cococrew.org/
> Audio Link: http://host2.cyberears.com/30769.mp3
> Show Notes: http://cococrew.org/cococrew-podcast-15.html
>
> The 1st commercial is at about time mark 10:55 (MM:SS)
> The 2nd commercial is at about time mark  or 109:34 (MMM:SS)
>
> Also there Floppy Days Podcast #63 talks about the CoCoFEST a little bit.
>
> And Floppy Days Podcast #64 time mark 15:49 (MM:SS) has a CoCoFEST
> commercial.  This commercial is very well done.
>
> Floppy Days Link:
> http://floppydays.libsyn.com/

Yes, Mike Rowen has been doing a lot of really cool bumper clips
for us lately, including several promos specific to CoCoFEST! We
have run some bits ourselves, and intend to run quite a bit more
(i.e. all that we can get) in upcoming episodes.

Also, with Mike's permission I posted one of his CoCoFEST! promos on
the Facebook pages for Floppy Days and Retro Computing Roundtable. As
you (John Mark) mention, Randy picked it up and ran it in Floppy
Days episode 64. Hopefully the RCR folks will pick it up as well,
but I haven't heard from them on that.

Mike has produced several other great audio clips promoting CoCoFEST!,
displaying enthusiasm and humor as well as much-better-than-average
voice acting skill. I plan to box them up and parcel them out to a
few other retro-themed podcasts in hopes that they will be as kind
as Randy and run them too. And if nothing else, they should all
find a home on The CoCo Crew as well.

CoCoFEST! -- Be part of the equation!

John