[Coco] really dumb cartridge question

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Wed Oct 26 17:38:32 EDT 2016

So I have an old game cart here that my kids liked to play. Eventually
the little circuit board inside broke free of its mounts and the play
was over.  I opened it up today and saw that oh, I could probably just
superglue the mounting posts and put it back together.  So I glued.

But I forgot to look before I removed the screws from the circuit
board:  which way was it mounted in there, or more simply, which way is
up?  All these game carts are is a little board with a round "bump" on
one side that no doubt contains whatever ROM gizmo is required.  The
37/38 pins are marked on the board, but I don't know if these correspond
to whatever numbering was used on coco side. So, imagine me putting this
thing back in the cart and plugging it in:  my two options are:

a)  Mount the board with the "bump" on top of board facing top of cart
case, meaning their labelled pins 37/38 would be toward the front of the
coco

b)  Mount the board with the "bump" underneath, so facing the desk my
coco is on, meaning their labelled pins 37/38 would be toward the back
of the coco

Obviously option c) would have been look at the dumb thing before you
take it apart.

Thanks
-RobertH