[Coco] MC-10 MCX128 AUTO + REMark bug...

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:44:23 EDT 2016

Maybe this has been brought up before, apologies if a repeat.

Doing some minor BASIC programming on the MC-10 with the MCX128 expansion,
found that entering a remark line starting with an apostrophe while on AUTO
line numbering, upon pressing ENTER to register the line the MC-10 goes to
la-la land, only way to get it back is to restart it.

If I try entering the remark line in AUTO mode by using the REM keyword the
behaviour described above does not happen,

If this is a bug then it happens in both MCX128 versions of BASIC. Stock MC
Basic does not recognize the apostrophe so that's not an issue in that ROM

While on MCX128 mode, entering the line numbers manually using the
apostrophe for REM works all right, the MC-10 as a shortcut for REM won't
hang up this way.

I need to try on my other MCX128 expansion... once I find it.

-- RP