[Coco] coco3 won't boot

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Wed Oct 12 10:44:15 EDT 2016

(Warning:  I have no electronics knowledge, and no time in the near
future to learn!)  I have a coco3 that has been working for thirty
years.  It has recently stopped booting.  The bare coco3, no MPI, no
carts, the warranty sticker was intact, so about as stock as you can
get.  On power up it displays a blank green screen, exactly as if it is
about to display the extended basic banner, but it hangs at this stage.
The only thing I've done is opened the case to see if any components
looked damaged, and gave the socketed chips a little push to make sure
they were fully inserted, but no help there.

Anything else simple I should be checking?  I know there is no shortage
of "poor dead coco" threads on the list, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Thanks in advance!

-RobertH