[Coco] Cave Walker & Issues with VCC was OS9 Lv 1 games

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Oct 7 00:19:48 EDT 2016

Sorry Robert, but I have to differ with you there. Some level 1 games (I don't remember which ones) may not run on OS9 level 2, but Cave Walker was designed to run on OS9 level 2 as well as level 1, and does run on Microware OS9 level 2, but does NOT run on NitrOS9 level 2 on real hardware. Strangely it does run on NitrOS9 level 2 on VCC. Quoted from the manual (page 1, right after the table of contents):

The following equipment is optional:
	• Second disk drive
	• Tandy hard disk system
	• OS-9 Level Two (provides additional colors and RGB support)

Running it this way utilizes the palette registers in a CoCo 3 to both display color on an RGB monitor and also uses some additional colors.