[Coco] Largest supported HDD size?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 08:18:14 EST 2016

Jim, the limit is the 24-bit sector count in the drivers. In OS9, you can configure for cluster sizes larger than 1, making about 4g the limit. With a cluster size of 1, 128meg is the limit. Partitions can be setup, but still limited to the 24-bit partition offset.
As for RSDOS, the number of disk images is limited by the 8-bit counter (255), but, with hdbdos, using partition offsets, quite few partitions of 255 disks may be possible (not sure how many, again, the offset is 24-bit). The offset has to be poked manually into hdbdos.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com