[Coco] Coco keyboard for PC

Scott Wendt malfunct at msn.com
Mon Nov 28 16:20:37 EST 2016

The easiest way to do this, for me at least, is to use an arduino to decode the keyboard matrix and connect it to a PC over USB as an HID device.

Here is a link on using arduino as an HID device:

http://mitchtech.net/arduino-usb-hid-keyboard/

There is enough information in the CoCo technical reference to be able to decode the keyboard and the basic idea is the same as listed in this article:

http://blog.tynemouthsoftware.co.uk/2012/02/arduino-based-zx81-usb-keyboard.html

[http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X5tueROKTSw/TzvhDC-nwfI/AAAAAAAAASM/l9RnTt9HDu8/s320/usb.jpg]<http://blog.tynemouthsoftware.co.uk/2012/02/arduino-based-zx81-usb-keyboard.html>

Tynemouth Software: Arduino based ZX81 USB Keyboard<http://blog.tynemouthsoftware.co.uk/2012/02/arduino-based-zx81-usb-keyboard.html>
blog.tynemouthsoftware.co.uk
Tynemouth Software LLP - Old computers, New computers, Bespoke Web Design and Software Development, Computer repairs, IT and Media Services - www.tynemouthsoftware.co.uk

[https://www.bing.com/th?id=OVP.Vfcdc84d241709ff6104ba6bb3b375916&pid=Api]<http://mitchtech.net/arduino-usb-hid-keyboard/>

Arduino USB HID Keyboard - MitchTech<http://mitchtech.net/arduino-usb-hid-keyboard/>
mitchtech.net
118 Turn your Arduino UNO into a USB HID keyboard, and make buttons that do whatever you want. Make it a useful tool, with new buttons for Cut/Copy/Paste or Volume+ ...