[Coco] Pop*Star Pilot - Final Blog Chapter is up

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sun Nov 27 13:08:48 EST 2016

Nick,

It's been great watching you create this game and the efforts behind it.
I'm glad I was able to support your efforts with a purchase of the game.

But I still feel there's something missing in all of this, and I hope
that maybe you'll agree.

I (and probably others) would love to see the "code" behind the "tricks".

I understand that right now - so soon after the release of the game -
wouldn't be a good time for this. But I do hope that in the future we
get to see a github dump or something like that with the source-code of
the game. Maybe a release of -just- the code, where if you wanted to
rebuild it, you'd have to have a legit copy of the game data files (or
if they are included in the source, perhaps they could be redacted?).

Or maybe at a future date you could expand upon your documentation
(which is excellent, btw - and I think probably gives enough clues that
someone with 6809 and CoCo assembler knowledge could piece most of them
back together)? Maybe separate pages on how you did the scrolling,
sounds, etc - like your other "archived projects" pages?

I just have this feeling that within Pop*Star Pilot lies a great
foundation for someone else to create another great CoCo 3 game, without
having to re-invent the wheel.

Regardless, thanks again, and I can't wait to see your next project -
whatever it is!

--
Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona