[Coco] Programmable Sound Generator Cart for CoCos

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:41:06 EST 2016

Yes, if and when it’s told to…

Several banks in the upper 32K (ROM) region will be controlled by registers in the CPLD.
Either FLASH or RAM will be bankable into these under software control.

Default behavior on startup will be lower FLASH mapped to standard cart space, once the
software takes over, banks covering the 32K ROM space will be mapped to the added
memory as directed.

Very similar to what I used on the MC-10 board.  Very flexible, but has to be managed
by software to be useful.  Just extra resources at the programmer’s disposal.

- Ed